KA202 - Strategic Partnerships for vocational education and trainingCall:
Call 2019 Round 1 KA2Project number:
36 Months (9/1/2019 - 8/31/2022)Project Manager:
AKDENIZ UNIVERSITYUNINETTUNO Scientific Leader:
Alessandro CaforioUNINETTUNO Project Manager:
Sabrina FeletigWebsite: http://ideasgeneration.viscontiproject.eu/
BIG InternPrize will take up the Ideas and Opportunities area of competences and translate them into: 1) training content for VET students in bite size learning format on how to develop ideas and training for VET trainers on how to support with mentoring; 2) real life opportunities for building and sharing individual or joint business ideas and present them to the commercial community; and 3) opportunities for vocational education and training students to engage in a creative manner with entrepreneurs who will guide them through the development of their business ideas.
DescriptionBIG InternPrize (InternPrize: Business Ideas Generation) is a Strategic Partnership for VET between16 organisations including providers of higher education, vocational education and training (VET), adult education and other players in entrepreneurship education, experimentation, research and innovation in education.
Under the leadership of Akdeniz University of Antalya they will:
engage at least 80 VET trainers, 120 VET students and 32 entrepreneurs in a structured Community of Practice therefore building on the successful experience and exploiting the platform and tools generated in two previous E+ KA2 Strategic Partnerships for VET;
introduce research into VET and publish at least 16 mini papers on the potential of mobile video bite size learning as a supplement to or a new form of VET and as part of a strategy to keep students at risk of early school leaviung in education, bring early leavers, NEETs (neither in employment nor in education or training), resistant, reluctant and unlikely learners back into education through mobile, flexible and creative learning content;
publish a Joint Position Paper on the potential of bite size learning called "VET for the Always Connected, the Disconnected and the Discontented.";
create a new trend (in style and content) in professional education of present and future VET trainers on mentoring, cultivating and supporting the generation of creative and innovative individual or joint business ideas by VET students from various disciplines;
create at least 30 bite size video lessons on the generation and presentation of creative and innovative business ideas for VET trainers and students (and professionals / entrepreneurs) from any sector and use them in a partnership wide monitored experiment to help understand the benefit and potential of the bite size learning methodology;
create a gallery of at least 80 individual or joint creative and innovative business ideas produced by students with the mentorship and support of VET trainers and after peer review by entrepreneurs;
stage a public training event in which students from all the partner education and training providers present their business ideas to entrepreneurs in a face-to-face peer review activity as part of a larger well renown start-ups bootcamp.
The objectives of BIG InternPrize are:
- establish a new structured and permanent form of relationship and cooperation between VET and enterprise in a Community of Practice (CoP);
- introduce the use of bite size learning as a supplement to formal education, a new form of nonformal education that is totally mobile, flexible and easy to take up by a very wide variety of learners including those who are already starting or thinking of changing their studies or careers, who might be at risk of ESL due to disgruntlement with formal education and those who could possibly see the value to go back into education;
- train VET trainers in mentoring and energising young minds to generate business ideas;
- experiment (and create a concrete example for future emulation and further development) of the use of peer review of the business ideas of students by entrepreneurs who will, in their turn, also serve as role models; and
- inspire start ups with thought and due consideration of all economic, ethical, environmental, social responsibility and technical aspects necessary for a successful business rather than with improvisation and trial-and-error.
UNINETTUNO will be mostly involved in the the production and testing of training content and in the generation and activities related to the Community of Practice and observatory. Due to its expertise in designing the methodology and producing video-lessons, U
NINETTUNO will present and record training for vocational education trainers and bite size learning clips content. Furthermore, UNINETTUNO will contribute to build up the Community of Practice, in order to enable members to share creative and innovative business ideas and put them up for discussion, comments and peer review.