The Three-Year Degree Course in Management Engineering of the L-9 Degree Class - Industrial Engineering - aims at training a graduate in engineering, who can deal with the issues related to the design and management of production systems, analysis of logistics problems, modelling of production processes and interactions with other business subsystems in order to identify recommend performance and implement necessary improvements. Moreover, given the kind of training offered by the University, which is divided into two different paths, you have definitely many possibilities of shaping your curriculum, depending on your own needs or inclinations, and deal with specific aspects of production and control of production systems of any kind, or, from a more purely organizational-managerial viewpoint, aiming at areas related to daily operations, supplying methodological skills and a rooted systematic vision in the approach to business problems.
The industrial engineer will obtain, therefore, a basic training that integrates the physical-mathematical knowledge common to all the degrees in Engineering and the basic content of the disciplines that characterize the industrial sector while enabling him to understand the fundamental elements of the economic and organizational analysis and of decision-making techniques. On this basis, core competencies on methodologies and knowledge on tools of intervention in the management of complex systems will be developed and namely:
- Ability of systemic analysis and modelling typical for an engineer;
- Knowledge of the most widespread production and information technologies for the design and management of production and logistics systems, and their effective application;
- Ability of economic and managerial analysis for the solution of problems of the organization and operational management of production and logistics systems.
The study program includes two paths:
The main employment opportunity expected is in the management engineering area, with a focus on manufacturing companies, services companies and public administration. The main company functions include supply and materials management, corporate organization and production, automation of production systems, logistics, project management and management control, evaluation of investments, and for industrial marketing.
Typical situations in which management engineering graduates are required are, for example:
- control and performance measurement of business processes;
- analysis of requirements for the design and setting up of integrated information and communication systems;
- application of models and decision-support systems
- control and optimization of systems and organizational procedures for interaction between companies and between these and buyers and suppliers of goods and services;
- set up of planning and control systems for operational and financial activities
Additionally, the management engineer performs his activity, in specific professional roles: in planning of the production, both in the strategic and operative phases, for management control; in the analysis of the costs and evaluation of the investments; in project management; in planning and management of logistics; in the management of quality and safety; in industrial marketing
The course prepares for the Professions (ISTAT code) of:
- Manufacturing production technicians - (188.8.131.52.0);
- Service production technicians – (184.108.40.206.0);
- Technicians in the organization and management of production factors – (220.127.116.11.0);
- Procurement and purchasing managers – (18.104.22.168.0);
- Warehouse and internal distribution managers – (22.214.171.124.0);
- Sales and distribution technicians – (126.96.36.199.0);
- Marketing technicians – (188.8.131.52.0);
- Project Managers - Management and Control Specialists in Private Businesses – (184.108.40.206.0).