The main objectives of the project is to professionalize the teaching programs of universities in the field of design and development of sustainable tourism activities in accordance with the Bologna process and using the competencies approach. Furthermore to create a new modular training offer as lifelong learning device, meeting the needs of professionals already employed.
The priorities of the project are:
- Support the reform and modernization of higher education in the partner countries.
- Improving the quality and relevance of higher education in the partner countries.
- Encourage the reciprocal development of human resources.
- Improving the networking of higher education institutions and research institutes between partner countries and of the EU Member States.
- Modernization of curricula in academic disciplines identified as priorities by the partner countries through the European System of Credit Transfer and Accumulation (ECTS), the three cycle system and the recognition of diplomas.
There is a real emergency to include sustainable standards in tourism field due to global warming fight.
In spite of a global decrease of economical activity, tourism figures keep growing. Tourism
contributes to national economy diversification and its development creates new destinations.
Tourism activites represent 6% of the volume of world exports. With 1 087 millions of international tourists in 2013, the average of tourists numbers have increased of 5% since 2010 and according to World Tourism Organisation-UNWTO-there should have 1,8 billon of international tourist from now until 2030.
With such numbers, organising sustainable tourism seems to be essential. During the last World Tourism Day 2015, UNWTO emphasized the impact of the sector on economic growth, job creation and development.
Sustainable tourism is part of sustainable development. It reconciles economical activity and respect for the environment. Furthermore, for touristic areas, it makes things better in a social and environmental point of view-in comparison with mass tourism.
We need to give future generations tourism development tools which include sustainable concepts.
Professionalize curricula of universities in design and development of sustainable tourism activities in accordance with the Bologna process.
Developing partnerships for mobility of teachers and students.
In each country:
- Create a professional Bachelor and Master program for design and development of sustainable
tourism activities (as double or joint degree).
- Prepare program and course contents including distance learning programs and relocate some
lessons in companies.
- Train 30 teachers and 150 students.
- Create a modular Lifelong learning course (LLL) and experiment it with 50 employees.
- Open a centre of excellence as a resource center to support the new training offer, equipped with a
computer platform that simulates an enterprise infrastructure.
- Develop partnership agreements to support the mobility of teachers and students.
- Improve student professional insertion in tourism in general and especially in sustainable tourism.
Responsible for the distance learning model;
Provide support and consulting (remote or local) throughout the duration of the project for the creation of educational didactic cyberspaces and make them operational;
Provide support in creation of digitized teaching resources available for distance learning according with the UNINETTUNO didactic model;
Provide support in creation of recording studio(s) for production of videolessons for the new double diplomas/joint degrees.