In order to study, choose your subject, there you will find the various learning environments (videolessons, slides, books and articles, multimedia, bibliography, webographies, labs, interactive exercises, forums, interactive classes) and lecturers/tutors who will interactively follow your learning process.
Regulations of the Study Course
Specific objectives of the course
The Second-Cycle Degree Course (Laurea Magistrale) in Civil Engineering is designed to train a professional with a broad spectrum of knowledge and skills related to the design, realization, management, measuring, control, and maintenance of buildings (civil and industrial ones), large-scale works (bridges, dams, tunnels) and infrastructures (roads and transport, collection systems, water distribution and disposal). The two-year training course is structured in such a way to enable students to acquire an independent capacity in order to analyze complex engineering problems in the areas mentioned above with the ensuing possibility of accessing the world of work and the R&D area in the national and international context. The training of the students is based on the courses that, on the one hand, consolidate the engineering background gained in the Three-Year Degree Course in Civil and Environmental Engineering, already present in the educational offer of the International Telematic University UNINETTUNO, and, on the other hand, introduce elements that contribute to the preparation required for positions of responsibility in the process of design and management of civil works, also with reference to their interactions with the territory. Therefore, the students are provided with groups of courses that can be referred to two main specialized thematic areas (Structural Engineering and Legal-Organizational Area for Constructions and Architecture) in order to enable them to face, by expanding on their theoretical training, a variety of practical application and engineering problems characterized by a high level of complexity. Furthermore, the content of the courses are strongly related not only to the general engineering practice but also to the innovation and results achieved in research activities.
The study program includes two paths:
- Building Science and Planning;
- Structures and Infrastructures.
The main employment opportunities of the Second-Cycle Civil Engineering can be referred to:
- Construction and maintenance companies for civil works and for interventions of environmental character; professional offices, engineering companies, managing bodies of the integrated water cycle.
- Construction and maintenance companies of hydraulic works (aqueducts, sewers, hydraulic drainage); professional offices, engineering companies, drainage consortia, territorial agencies and ATOs (Ambiti Territoriali Omogenei - Homogeneous Territorial Contexts).
- Construction companies; professional offices, engineering companies, public agencies: regional or provincial mapping services
The course prepare for the professions of (ISTAT codes):
- Building and environmental engineers - (126.96.36.199.1)
- Hydraulic engineers - (188.8.131.52.2)
- Cartographers and photogrammetrists - (184.108.40.206.0)