Master’s Course in Real Estate Finance
The course was designed to give people involved in a full time professional, managerial and entrepreneurial activity the possibility of a professional growth and personal success in real estate finance, management of territory development projects, development and management of real estate assets.
The program is aimed at studying in depth every single subject and activity pertaining to the real estate industry: accordingly, a multidisciplinary approach was chosen, which enables the training of resources that can meet the needs of a market oriented to international standards.
The Master was designed for those who wish to invest on their own development, enhancing their own personal effectiveness, but also those who aim at seizing an opportunity for promoting and valorising their human resources, by enhancing their skill-level, training and specialisation level benefiting from a highly qualified and international level training opportunity.
This teaching programme is aimed at:
- Rebuilding the value chain of real estate industry
- Professionalization and specialization in the field of real estate finance and development
- • Providing a multidisciplinary, innovative, international approach in the management of real estate and territory development projects.
The master course duration is one academic year corresponding to 60 ECTS credits including videolessons, seminars, practice work, conferences, tutoring, research activities, training periods. The master’s course includes 7 modules: the first three ones supply basic legal-technical tools of the profile of expert in real estate finance; the third module develops marketing contents. The last three modules develop strategies for assessing and valorising real estates and competences for studying urban development.
In order to be awarded the master’s course title, that will be delivered by the International Telematic University UNINETTUNO, the student has to prepared a final dissertation on a subject agreed on with the Master’s course Scientific Committee.
Modulo I: Real estate finance
- Introduction to financial markets and real estates
- Models and rules of real estates markets
- Real estate finance tools
- Evaluation and selection of investment opportunities
- Principles of Real Estate Capital Market
- Innovative financial tools in National and international real estate finance
- Fiscal aspects
- Models of bank funding and real estate leasing
Modulo II: Property management
- Introduction to property management
- Commercial and residential property management
- The profile of the property manager
- Property management tools and technologies
- Public property management and valorisation
Modulo III: Real estate law
- Fiscal and tributary aspects
- Negotiation tools and techniques
- Real estate due diligence
Modulo IV: Marketing and advisoring
- Real estate marketing approach
- Real estate marketing mix
- Real estate design, architecture and planning
- Communication in the real estate sector
- Tools, technologies and promotion activities of the real estate product
Modulo V: Valuation
- Tools, methodologies and techniques
- Real estate evaluation and due diligence
- Design of valorisation strategies
- Real estate valorisation, transfer and strategic management
- Business plan and feasibility studies
Modulo VI: Real estate development
- The developer’s profile
- Real estate development tools and strategies
- Investment and location selection
- Site planning
- Project financing
- Quality and architectural design
- Cost estimate
- Project management
Modulo VII: Urban planning and urban development
- Urban planning approaches and systems
- Territory development and competitively
- Relations with public administration
- Administrative procedures, acts and provisions
- Promotion of territory aimed at attracting investments
The teaching method is based on the Internet and in the “Master” section of the portal www.uninettunouniversity.net, the first portal of the world where teaching is delivered in 4 languages: Italian, English, French and Arabic.
The psycho-pedagogic model that is characterised by the shifto:
- From teacher’s central role to the student’s central role;
- From knowledge transfer to knowledge creation;
- From a passive and competitive learning to active and collaborative learning.
Students play an active role in their own learning process and can study whenever and wherever they prefer to. Along their training path, students are supported by an online tutoring system that facilitate their training and web-based communication path and that supplies them with the tools the tools to carry out their study of a specific subject successfully.
Online tutoring is organised in classes of students and is based on a advanced system of agenda that can acknowledge any individual student and therefore customise and get the tracking of all training activities and qualitative and quantitative evaluation of the each individual student’s learning progress.
How to study
The didactic activities on the Internet unfold in the Web-based macro-area, called the Didactic Cyberspace. In the Didactic Cyberspace the training and learning process takes place and access profiles are diversified through customized logins and passwords based on the three different roles played by the actors of the learning process: Professors, Tutors and Students. These three categories of users can access the same information related to each course. In particular the Professors and Tutors can edit or replace training materials and add new ones for the whole course delivery period, whereas the student has at his disposal an area where he can enter data, information and personal notes.
The student can access:
- the Page of the Appointed Teaching Professor;
- the Page of the Tuto.
On these pages there are the Learning Environments where is possible to access:
Didactic Materialswhich represent the course contents: digitized video lessons including bookmarks allowing for hypertextual and multimedia linking to books, selected bibliographical references, texts of the exercises, lists of selected websites. The system of dynamic bookmarks gives the Internet-based videolessons a hypertextual character allowing different levels of navigation: from one lesson to the other one, among subjects of a single lesson, between the materials referring to the same subject.
he students enrolled in the Master’s course will be assisted in every step of their study path by Telematic Professors-Tutors. The Telematic Professor-Tutor, represents a guide as well as a constant presence along the Learning Process. The distance Tutoring activities may be carried out in two ways:
- in a synchronic manner, by using chats, videochats, video and audio-conferencing, implemented in the Didactic Cyberspace, but also the three-dimensional classroom created on the UTIU Island of knowledge on Second Life.
- in a diachronic manner, through tools such as e-mail and discussion forums on the Internet. The discussion forums, related to the topics of a given teaching subject, enable to enlarge dialogue and trigger a collaborative learning and give the opportunity for autonomous thinking on the issue being discussed and on the study activities carried on.
The virtual classroom in UNINETTUNO Island of Knowledge on Second Life
On UNINETTUNO (International Telematic University) Island of Knowledge we realised a 3D Auditorium devoted to the Master’s course. In this environment the students and professors/tutors’ avatars interact in the three-dimensional world of UNINETTUNO by their voice. Practice work, assessment tests and videoconferences with the protagonists of the European Union attending through their avatars are carried out, as well as real-time practice activities guided by the professors/tutors’ avatars.
In the virtual classroom of Second Life on the UNINETTUNO Island of Knowledge the students and the professors/tutors teach and learn in a collaborative and cooperative way; they build and share knowledge with people belonging to different political, cultural and religious settings, they dialogue, cultural differences are confronted, socialization processes are implemented as well as the creation of new knowledge.